Assemblywoman Sharon Quirk-Silva seeks bright, self-motivated, energetic high school sophomores and juniors to serve as a Young Legislator.
The Young Legislator program gives students the opportunity to learn the inner workings of state government and the legislative process. The Young Legislators members will meet on a regular basis to discuss issues important to their communities, share ideas on youth related issues, and explore the possibility of a career in public service.
This Free Program Offers Students:
- Leadership Development Training
- Community Service Opportunities
- Knowledge of the Legislative Process
- Interaction with Community Leaders
- Must be a high school sophomore or junior who resides in California's 65th Assembly District
- Attend 80% of the program sessions to receive a certificate of completion
- Volunteer for a minimum of five events hosted by the Assemblywoman's office
- Attend a city council meeting and a school board meeting
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE FRIDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2022
For more information, please contact our district office:
Young Legislators' Program Director
1440 N. Harbor Blvd. Ste. 270, Fullerton, CA 92835